Tel.: +66 02-252-6428
Fax: +66 02-252-4236
Cell: +66 088-636-6539
Cell 2: +66 086-466-3919
Cell 3: +66 06-1649-8795
Line ID: Fuji 2 |

Filming License

Filming License

Filming License Aquisition Offered by Fuji Translation Agency

It is strongly recommended by the Thai government that foreign film production companies hire a Thai based coordinator to assist with the procedures that must be followed before a film permit is granted. Fuji Translation Agency has years of experience helping production companies obtain film permits in Thailand. We can assist in acquiring work permits and arranging on-the-ground transportation, accommodation, food, equipment, local talent, studio rental and other requirements of the foreign production crew. In addition to Thailand, Fuji Translation Agency can provide film license acquisition services in other countries including Loas, Cambodia, and Myanmar

Step 1: Complete the Initial Procedures

Fuji Translation Agency can assist you with the following procedures:

  • Enter into agreements with and liaise with government agencies for all legal documentation.
  • Prepare all required documents for consideration by the Film Broad including 10 copies of the storyboard and treatment for commercial advertisements, and 25 copies of the full script for feature films.
  • Obtain work permits; advise on tax payments and other procedures.
  • Arrange for on-the-ground transportation, accommodation, food, equipment, local talent, studio rental and other requirements of the foreign production crew.

Step 2: Request a Filming Permission Application

Request an application for permission to film in Thailand and fill out the form completely. Application forms can be obtained and submitted both in Thailand and from overseas offices of agencies listed on the proceeding page.

    • If the application is made abroad, it can be submitted through the following agencies in your country:
        • Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate
        • Office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand
        • Thai Trade Center
    • If the application is made in Thailand, forms can be obtained from the Film Broad of Thailand and resubmitted to the same office. The applicant must submit the application form according to the schedule as set in B before the commencement of filming. Signature of the foreign applicant and authorized coordinator in Thailand is needed on the application form.
        • For documentary films and commercial advertisements, the application form should be submitted five working days in advance for the Film Board to consider the application.
        • For feature films, TV series, docudramas or any fictional stories, the application should be submitted 14 working days in advance.
        • For still-picture films, the photographer has to inform the Film Board before commencing work. The photographer does not need a Film permit.

      Step 3: Complete the Related Documents

      Along with the application form The following documents must be complete in full and which must be submitted along with the application form:

      • Treatment (for documentaries)
      • Story board (for commercial photography and films)
      • Synopsis, and script either in English and Thai (for film)
      • Title, lyrics and detail of production relating to the music (for music videos)
      • Final Script
      • Shooting Schedule [date and location (s) suggested for filming]
      • Itinerary
      • List of filming dates and locations, listed on a daily, including government buildings, religious compounds, National Parks, and other venues.
      • List of VIP person to be interviewed and details of interviewers
      • Name list of crew/position/passport no. of each member of crew
      • List of all equipment to used in the shoot, especially military weapons, chemicals, and explosives
      • Copy of partnership and company registration, stating purpose of the company
      • Copy of commercial registration

      Step 4: Apply for Work Permits

      After permission to film is granted, the film crew or the local coordinator must apply for crew work permits before entering Thailand. Work permit applications can be obtained from Alien Occupational Control Division, Department of Employment. If the film crew intends to stay for a period not exceeding 15 days, no work permit applications are necessary. The production crew/coordinator must only inform the film Board. The Film Board will then inform the Alien Occupational control Division for formal approval.

      Step 5: Arrange Import and Export of Equipment and Supplies

      The import and export of equipment and consumables for filming should be in accordance with Customs Department rules and regulations including those on bonds and payment of taxes. However, if the equipment can be regarded as professional equipment, it can be declared under ATA Carnet Law for temporary import exemption from duty and tax. Check if your country is a member of the ATA Carnet Treaty. If so, you have the right to declare your professional equipment under the ATA Carnet law.

      Step 6: Filming in Thailand

      Upon arrival in Thailand, the filming crew should inform the Film Board of Thailand. The Film Board will appoint a Film Board Representative(s) will be appointed to the film crew to perform facilitation duties. At least two days prior to the date of any filming activities, the film crew is required to inform the Film Board Representative(s) of all locations that will be used for filming.

      Step 7: Completion of Filming and Departing Thailand

      Upon completion of filming, the crew is required to present all film rolls, videocassettes and still pictures to the Film Board Representative(s) assigned to them, and affix signature on the film case. The filming crew will then receive a seal of approval authorizing that the production was legally completed. In order to take the film out of Thailand, export permit fees must be paid to the Film Censorship Section, Sub-Division 2, Registration Division, and the Royal Thai Police.